Be it when downloading or just for just browsing, users will tend to feel more secure when they use the VPN. Not only that, for those who often use WiFi connections, Hotspots or other types of public networks, using a VPN is also often a mainstay to improve one’s privacy security or for a group. As an example, if you use Kodi often, perhaps you are curious about what is the best vpn for kodi because you want to feel safer when you use it.
Back in the previous century, 1996 was the first year of the emergence of a Virtual Private Network. At that time Gurdeep Singh Pall, one of the employees of Microsoft invented the Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol or PPTP which helped users obtain a secure internet connection.
What’s more, this is used for office work purposes. VPN was originally only used as an alternative technology for company purposes.
The company at that time felt it had a need to be able to connect with its branch offices, as the business network expanded. However, to obtain a local network that has a broad reach and can only be accessed by those who have the right obviously requires expensive costs.
On the other hand, without guaranteed security, company secrets or privacy will easily fall into the hands of irresponsible people or even competitors. Therefore, the Virtual Private Network finally becomes the most appropriate answer. On the other hand, without guaranteed security, company secrets or privacy will easily fall into the hands of irresponsible people or even competitors. Therefore, the Virtual Private Network finally becomes the most appropriate answer.
VPN is able to provide a secure connection and is also considered capable of meeting the company’s five basic needs on the internet, such as:
1. Full access, so those who do not have rights will not be able to access this network.
2. Authentication, to test the identity of other companies who want to conduct transactions.
3. Non-repudiation, useful to prevent cheating between one party, for example, it does not recognize that they have sent or received a file.
4. Integrity is useful for maintaining the entirety of a file or document so that it does not experience changes in the sending process.
5. Confidentiality, by using a Virtual Private Network the security level will be even better.